Sunday, February 8, 2015

Fails: We all have them

Ok, I would like to think I am not alone here when I say what I am about to say. Sure I get inspired by others recipes, blogs, ect. However, if my food even turns out remotely like theirs is in their picture, I can NEVER get a beautiful picture. I get that I don't have a fancy camera, but even without that, my plating never looks pretty. The things in the picture with it don't look as nice. (I'm talking of course about the flowers or maybe a couple extra plates with forks. It just never looks as good.) This can sometimes make us feel like we were unsuccessful after we were SO inspired! I call these my failures.  

Of course there are the oh so famous pinterest fails. I have had several of those myself, as have some of my friends. 

Here is the number one rule I use in the kitchen: Don't be afraid to experiment. With that in mind, these 'failures' become lessons learned. You can fix the recipe, and make it your own. How wonderful it feels when you improve upon a recipe or even create your own! 

One thing I have been unable to accomplish successfully is making tortillas. It has taken me FIVE tries, but I finally got it! I am SO proud of myself. I used my mother in law's recipe, and just kept giving it a try from time to time. I can't even tell you what it was that I did this time that I haven't previously. Perhaps it was determination. I have been told I'm stubborn. ;) 

Don't get discouraged. Try again. If you need help, I will help you to the best of my ability. Feel free to ask :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment