Saturday, January 31, 2015

Tips and tricks to make your life easier: The problem with them.

As we have begun this journey making our Handmade Home I have learned quite a bit, and we are only a month into it. 

Most of what I have enjoyed learning has been the tips and tricks for making things easier. Being as I am awaiting back surgery and everyday is filled with pain, I need life to be simple. 

Part of the problem with many of the "hacks" that I have seen are that they require special equipment, and most seem to require that you have some sort of training to make it. This is NOT the case. Do not be afraid to take something you find and make it work. 

You don't NEED any special equipment, everything can be done by hand, special equipment just makes it easier. We live on a budget around here. There is no "Hey, I need a food processor for this, lets get one!" It's "Hey, this calls for a food processor, but I've got a sharp knife that will work just fine." 

Kitchen tools are just a convenience. Consider this my first official, tried and true, tip. 

Don't be afraid to try out new things, and don't be afraid to make it your own.  As I continue this journey, I will share tips and tricks to help make your life easier. Fear only causes hesitation and holds you back. Overcome your fears. Start in your own kitchen. When you are surrounded by your loved ones for support, you can't lose! 

Please let me know if there are any tips/tricks/hacks that you would like :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment